At Swissôtel Al Ghurair, we believe in the transformative power of hospitality not only to create exceptional guest experiences but also to make a positive impact on the world we share. Our commitment to sustainability is deeply ingrained in our values, guiding us to embrace responsible practices that harmonize with the environment, support local communities, and contribute to a more sustainable future.
We are proud to announce that Swissotel Al Ghurair has achieved the Green Globe Certification with regards to our sustainability initiatives.
We invite guests to discover and join us in our mindful approach to Sustainability.
Swissôtel promises a Sustainable Stay —
- Online and digital check-in services with Accor Key
- Plenty of natural daylight in the spacious guestrooms and apartments also offer balcony access.
- Participate in cleaning choices where the room attendants use environmental-friendly cleaning products, refresh linen and towels responsibly ( once in three days)
- All amenities and guest touchpoints has eliminated single-use plastic and is replaced by recyclable products.
- Valet services and self-parking is offered at the basement of the hotel, where green parking (or an electrical charging station) is also available.
- A la carte Vitality Menu featuring sustainably sourced fish and seasonal fruits and vegetables — especially built on recipes of zero food wastage.
- Liwan restaurant also has a Vitality Corner during its buffet where the chef thoughtfully presents healthy options of salads, nuts, homemade jams and syrups.
- Yasmine Lounge also boasts its range of locally-sourced coffee.
- In the Swiss Garden, located next to the swimming pool, the hotel team has a vegetable and herbs garden, of mint, basil, coriander, lettuce, eggplant, tomatoes, and other seasonal produce. Wish to visit? – request our Guest Services Team.
- At the gym, work out in the SportsArt machines, which use resistance to generate electricity against it.
- Partnering with Orbisk, food wastage is regularly monitored and regulated through best practices from the hotel staff, vendors and business partners.
- The hotel has its water-filtration system, where water bottles are filled, sealed and delivered to guest rooms, restaurants, the spa and meeting rooms.
- We introduced a Green Meeting Room, equipped with hybrid video-conferencing facilities, calculating carbon emission per meeting, offering seed-paper and cork stationery during the event and offering coffee breaks with healthy options and local produce.
- In the suites, luxury welcome amenities include hand-crafted local sweet treats by our chefs and enjoy a coffee from the Nespresso machines, known for their strict recycling practices.
- Explore the local neighbourhood, rich in history and culture of the past, and try the exclusive rates offered by Frying Pan Adventures – an award-winning food-walk tour.
- Along with a fond farewell, guests can also bring home a collection of sustainable souvenirs, crafted specially for the hotel by Save The Planet, with bamboo speakers, a power bank, stylish tote bags, jute bags and palatable crayons.
Sustainability at the Heart of the Hotel –
- Giving back to the community, the hotel boasts a strong partnership with
- All hotel colleagues are certified with sustainability trainings offered by Accor with School for Change, and the Dubai Government with Dubai Way.
- A Sustainability Champion, reporting directly to the General Manager of the hotel, monitors and ensures proper implementation of sustainability practices, and conducts audits with certified third-party companies.
- Apart from guestrooms, every office and workstation practices energy-efficiency practices, installing LED lights and strict temperature-controlling practices
LIFE IS A JOURNEY. LIVE IT WELL.